Okay, Sara here. 🙂 I want to share with you some of my favorite books as of late!
Like most other bookworms, great books make their way onto my “things I’m thankful for” list every year. It’s hard to choose favorites, but I went ahead and picked five books I read in 2016 and am thankful for. (Well, five-ish books… some were series!)
- Do Hard Things, by Alex and Brett Harris: Also known as a ‘teenage rebellion against low expectations’, this non-fiction book was very encouraging and challenging! I highly suggest it!
- Counted Worthy, by Leah E. Good: Heather Stone is a 17 year old girl in a futuristic America where religion is punishable by death. Can she get the truth into the open in time to save her dad? I was thankful to be able to share it with my sister and mom, even though my mom doesn’t usually like this kind of book, she definitely enjoyed this one!
- Ilyon Chronicles, by Jaye L. Knight: I really enjoyed this series character pacing and variety, and it’s deepness. I’m looking forward to when the next one comes out!
- Destiny Trilogy, by Sarah Holman: This really fun adventure of Rebellion to win back the galaxy for the true king starts out with one unsure girl. I have enjoyed reading through all of Sarah Holman’s books, however, and they come in lots of fun variety from American Revolution historical fiction to modern-day fairy tales.
- Blades of Acktar, by Tricia Mingerink: Lieth was and has been a weapon since a yougn age. Is it possible that he is wrong? That his master is wrong? No, those thoughts are too dangerous… but they won’t leave! I am thankful for the wonderful person who utterly surprised me with the first book in the series as a gift.
I don’t know about you, but I’m looking forward to another great year of reading!
Speaking of more reading, here’s one more thing to be grateful for. Books on sale! In honor of Thanksgiving and Black Friday, a group of independent Christian authors banded together to offer over seventy discounted books on Nov 25-28. There’s literally something for everyone. Every single book listed on Indie Christian Books is on sale in one or more ways. Find discounted paperbacks, dozens of books offered with free shipping, $0.99 ebooks, package deals and more. Even if you have a budget of $0, new reading material awaits you. Don’t know what to pick? The fearless Indie Christian Books team created a quiz that will generate a book list perfect for you! Check it out!
What awesome reads of 2016 are you grateful for? What books are you looking forward to reading in 2017?
A note on the Ebooks Only page. All books are listed as “Sold Out.” This only refers to paperback copies of these titles. Please click onto the product pages to find descriptions and links to discounted or free ebooks. Also, some of the authors this year chose to not sell their paperbacks directly through the site. Those books are also marked “Sold Out” but if you click them open, you’ll find a link to the site where they are on sale and a discount code for you to use at check out.
Acknowledgements: Thanks to Leah E. Good and Kendra E. Ardnek for their work organizing this sale, and Hannah Mills for her fantastic design work on the website graphics. Hannah can be contacted at hmills(at)omorecollege(dot)edu for more information about her design services.