Survey results from last month:
Last month, we asked you:
What’s your favorite type of doughnut?
Results from you:
20% Boston Creme
This month is National Blueberry Month, and National Ice Cream Month… I wonder, could you make blueberry ice cream? This month is also National Anti-Boredom Month; Smart People don’t get bored. Our lives on earth are very short compared to eternity after we die, we should use this time God has given us purposefully and without wasting it! Psalm 144: 3-4 NIV says,
Lord, what are human beings that you care for them,
mere mortals that you think of them?
4 They are like a breath;
their days are like a fleeting shadow.
And Ephesians 5: 15-17 NIV says,
15 Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.
- The 1st of July is Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day… what can you come up with? Once I Had popcorn ice cream! What flavor can you come up with? Don’t forget to enter it in our contest! The 1st is also International Joke Day, what’s your favorite joke?
- July fourth is Sidewalk Egg Frying Day, I have never done that before…
- The 6th is both Build a Scarecrow Day and National Fried Chicken Day!
- My favorite: the 7th is Chocolate Day!!! (the 7th also happens to be National Strawberry Sundae Day as well)
- July ninth is National Sugar Cookie Day!
- The 10th is Teddy Bear Picnic Day!
- July 11th is Cheer Up the Lonley Day, something we should do everyday! I think that is probably one of the best way to make friends. Look at Craft Corner for ideas.
- The fifteenth is Cow Appreciation Day (I suggest looking at how Chick-fil-a celebrates this day)
- And the 17th is Peach Ice Cream Day!
- Lot of Ice Cream this month: the 20th is National Ice Cream Day.
- The 23rd is… can you guess…Vanilla Ice Cream Day!
- July twenty-sixth is Aunt and Uncle Day, don’t just make them a card! Do something fun together!
- The 27th is Parents Day: same as above. When you go beyond the usual you show a person you really care about them and value their friendship. A lot of teenagers don’t like when their parents make rules, or tell them what to do (or what not to do); but God has given us people in authority as a gift for protection, comfort, and examples.
- July 28th is National Milk Chocolate Day…
- And finally, the twenty-ninth is National Lasagna Day.
What will you do for these fun holidays?
For this months contest, we would like to hear your most creative ice cream flavor ideas because July 1st is Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day. Ask yourself this question: What type of ice cream would I like to invent? Now send your answers to us and you could be featured in next month’s magazine. All you have to do is email your idea(s) to us by July 25th. We hope you participate! There is no limit to how many flavors you can send us. We are choosing our favorite flavor by “Most Creative”, not tastiest or most flavors.
- Be sure to keep telling your friends about Th!nk. We are at 71 subscribers after our 1st year and with God’s help,we would like to improve even more. We would really appreciate it. By the August magazine, we would like to have 75 subscribers, so if you can help by getting just 1 or 2 of your friends to subscribe, that would mean so much to us.
- Go check outhttp://www.thejesusjournal.blogspot.com/. A new blog that Sara, Ainsley, and Abigail from the I.T. are writing and publishing soon. We post things every other week so be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss anything. Please email GirlsJesusJournal@gmail.com to subscribe!
- Be sure to be apart of the Girls On A Mission Summit so you can see Ainsley’s interview about Th!nk.
- Don’t forget from now on a more printer friendly edition of Th!nk is available. Just email us and we will be happy to send it to you!
Did you Know…?
- July was named in honor of Julius Caesar in 44 B.C. Before then, it had been called Quintilis, which means the fifth month in Latin. It’s called July because it’s similar to the name “Julius”.
- July starts on the same weekday as April every year.
- The water-lily is the flower for the month of July.
- The ruby is the gem for July.