Not Just Knots…
We did something similar to this once, called ‘knitting page’ but now we’ve changed it to include all kinds of yarn crafts and games. This month we are going to teach you how to make an easy but fun crochet flower pen. You can use this for yourself, for gifts or ways to encourage people. Write than a note with this pen and then give them the note and the pen to add some color. Any way, we hope you enjoy!
- A Crochet Hook
- A Pen
- Tie a slip knot with the yarn around the crochet hook. If you don’t know how to do this, you can look on YouTube.
- Wrap the yarn around the crochet hook coming from behind and up from the left side over once.
- Holding that loop in place pull the bottom loop over the top one, and off the hook. It should look like this:
- This is called chaining. Repeat steps 2-3 until your chain is about 34 inches long.
- Then tie a knot at the end like this:
- Tie another slip knot like this as in the picture, And make petals for you flower by doing this every 6 inches until you get to the end (look near the bottom of the picture)
- Tie another knot to keep it all together:
- Tape it to the pen…
- Ta- da!!